When I was a little girl outside of our back door there was a trellis. It was covered in these flowers called Morning Glorys. Every morning they would be opened up all bright and beautiful in the early morning sun. But I always noticed that around 10:00 or when the sun would get really hot and the heat of the day would start setting in, that these beautiful flowers would close up. They couldn't stand the heat of the day. Instead of staying open up and beautiful and showing God's beauty, they closed up.
Pray that I won't be a Morning Glory. Pray that God will help me to be strong and not close up even when the days are hard. Pray that I'll always be a good testimony and show God's beauty in my life. And when things are harder than usual that I'll get back to the SON. Not the S-U-N sun, but the S-O-N son, God's son and seek the strength and help I need.
Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Today was one of those hard days. Jerry had a rough time today. He has mucositis. It's caused from the chemo. His mouth and throat are covered in ulcers. He can hardly talk. Also it is very difficult for him to eat or drink. They are talking about putting a feeding line so he can keep his nutrition up. It's a normal thing for chemo patients and transplant patients to get mucositis, but it is very painful. He's been a great patient. He does everything he's suppose to, because he wants to get well. He has another injection of chemo Monday which will cause the mucositis to get even worse before it gets better.
Pray that Jerry's mouth will be quick to heal and pray that the transplant is working.
We love you and thank you for your cards, prayers, and love.

Oh Pat, I that things are so hard for you and Jerry right now. We are praying so much for you both, for strength and for comfort and healing. I pray that the Lord will just wrap his arms around you both and keep you lifted up. Just keep praying to the Son and he will hear you. We Love you both so much.
ReplyDeleteI am praying but I also wonder if the nurses use anything for comfort for the mucositis. I always mixed a tablespoon of baking soda with a quart of normal saline for my patients to swish and spit. It reduces some of the acids and helps the tissues heal. Also they make Comfort mouthwash and Magic Mouthwash that most of the nurses at Durham should be aware of. I also advocated for lidocaine sprays for my patients also that can numb sore areas. There should be so much they can do to help with the discomfort. This is one of the worst problems. Many of my patients swore by eating ice chips and popsicles. Well I really hope they can give Jerry something. Praying for you both, The Maxwells.
ReplyDeleteHey, we are praying for you & Dr Rice. Miss you two very much! Love, Johnnie & Debbie
ReplyDelete