Friday, July 22, 2011

Where's My Balcony?

About 6 years ago, we started a little Christian School in Elmira, West Virginia. I taught the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades all together in the same classroom. It was very exciting. I loved it and the kids. They still have a special place in my heart.  Ever once in a while, though, the kids could get to me or it might be one of those days when my emotions weren't under control. Sometimes I would be homesick for family and missing our grand kids so much I couldn't stand it. My classroom was upstairs and it had a balcony on it. So whenever the kids would get to me or I was having one of those days when the tears would come easily, I would just step out on my balcony for a few minutes and then I would be okay.
Today I need a balcony. No matter how strong you try to be sometimes, no matter how hard you pray or try to grab hold of God's promises,  it just doesn't work some days.
Jerry's having a bad day today and is dealing with nausea and he seems so tired and weak. So if you could please pray a little extra today for us, we would appreciate it.
We love you.

10 comments:

  1. Saying an "extra" prayer for you right now!
    We love y'all!!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a special prayer for you both!!! Great to see you last night, love and prayers!!
    Lisa Aldridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, we understand. Dale and I will lift you
    both up to our heavenly father this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Rice,
    I know the shoes you are in right now, and they are the shoes that hurt! I used to really hate the days I felt like you are feeling now.
    You have the hardest job, of being a caregiver, and remembering to take care of yourself.

    I will pray that Dr. Rice will continue to heal, and the nausea and fatigue will ease and he will rest easy tonight.
    May you feel renewed, as well, while God continues to work through you both.
    (And remember, to let others help you, when you can!)

    God Bless you both.
    In Christ,

    Kristie Wooten

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you. You and Dr. Rice has had and continue to have a spiritual impact on our family. We have read every blog post and have been praying for you both.
    Sam, Anne, Preston, Danielle and Nathan Harris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Rice,
    I just wanted to let you know that you and Dr. Rice are on our hearts and in our prayers daily.

    Love,
    Vicki Park

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Brother Jerry and Patricia. This day hopefully is going to be better. I wish you could have experienced the services for Ryan yesterday. the family members are just extraordinary. so many received a blessing from Pastor Butler and Pastor Barton and especially his uncle- Terry Scott. I do send love and prayers to our heavenly father. Juanita Hardee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, I understand and am praying for both of you. Love Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking about and praying for you both. If I could build a balcony, I'd build one just for you. Lifting you both up in prayers and good thoughts for better days. We love you

    ReplyDelete