To What: Head Shaving Party
Date: July 5, 2011
Time: 2:30 a.m.
Place: Room 9121At 2:30 this morning we had a "Head Shaving Party". One of our many favorite nurses, Chelsea, did the honors.
Cast your vote for the hairdo of your choice.
| The Mohawk |
| The Curly Q |
| The Complete |
Or Hat of Your Choice
Awww, Bubby, I think you look handsome even without your hair. You are a beautiful person both inside and out. We are praying for your comfort and strength and that the biopsy results are good. We are also praying that the fevers reside and come under control. We love you so much and are with you in prayers, thoughts, and sending out love to you and Pat. Baby Sister...
ReplyDeleteI like the mohawk with the hunting hat. It looks more like a real deer hunter should look :) Been praying for you,and Pat. Asking the Lord to give you both confort,and peace through this. There is a passage of scripture I use all of the time. Phil. 4:7 "and the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" But go back and read Phil.4;4-9 to get all of this quote. Love you both....Gary
ReplyDeleteHey Bro,
ReplyDeleteI like the complete shaved look myself... Actually, it looks pretty good!
I am praying and will continue this day. The Lord God is with you both and will help you.
Love Nean
PS the above comment is our Gary Young
Uncle Jerry,
ReplyDeleteI like the complete look, and the hat with the camo on it! You look beautiful any way! I'm praying for you and aunt pat each and everyday. I thought about all the fourth of july picnics we've had at our house, fireworks, playing with the kids, swimming and cookouts.... we'll have to have one next fourth of July, so be ready! I love you both so much and i'm thinking and praying for you both everyday!
Olivia
Hi, Dr. & Mrs. Rice!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys very much. I really love the Curley Q and the no hair day hat the best!
I am praying for you both.
Love, Niki
It's good to have some humor! Kyle recently got himself a "buzz" for the summer so he voted for the complete hair-do for Dr. Rice...with the camo hat. :) We are praying extra hard for you today! Love to you both, Becky, Scott, and Kyle Griffin
ReplyDeleteThey have waayyyy cooler hats at Duke too. Go figure a Pirate hat with purple and gold! Love the humor and the pictures. Max and I will be praying for you both. I vote NO cancer cells in the biopsy result today! We are naming it and claiming it. But He's in control. You will be in our thoughts. The Maxwell's.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a nice head. I know you feel awful, but thanks for sharing some of the "fun" stuff. I know it's not really fun, but it's good to see that you still have a sense of humor! Humor and God can get you through almost anything. (You look younger without hair).
ReplyDeleteLove, Kim
Jerry, I always am soothed by let go and let God.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I don't think he meant your hair though!
(I want to make you smile, I don't want to be callous or anything.
It's sorta a helpless feeling when someone you care about is suffering. I tend to handle it with humor).Please, tell me if it makes you uncomfortable.
I guess I still am your bratty little cousin. I probably always will be!
I love you.
I LOVE the curly Q look! BUT you need a KENTUCKY hat for the days you don't want to curl your Q!!!! :)
ReplyDeletePraying for y'all!
Rhonda
I like the smile,with or without hair.
ReplyDeleteAmen, I always love the smile..
ReplyDeleteLove the "Mohawk"! You are both soo precious to me! Praying for you daily. Love and prayers, Lisa Aldridge
ReplyDeleteI like the smile with or without hair. Judy
ReplyDeleteYou go Bro.Rice! Not many people can smile at 2:30 in morning and get there hair cut and styled. That the grace from above.:))))) I vote Curly Q.You wear it well! Waiting to see you and Mrs Pats smile back in church. Wanda LaGant
ReplyDeleteTHE SMILE WINS!
ReplyDeleteIt fills our heart with joy seeing you smile with every thing going on. God is using his blessings on you to show us how to stand strong in him. We love you Bro. Rice and can not wait to see you and Mrs Rice back in church again. Praying for you and the family.
Love Ray and Patrica Najera and Kids