I think I saw a smile this morning!!
We had two or three rough days, but we're so thankful. Jerry wasn't nauseous all day yesterday and so far today. We think it was some of his medication for his diabetes that was making him so sick. I think we finally have it under control. He is still so tired and weak sometimes. I didn't know anyone could sleep so much. The doctor was worried at first, but told me that Jerry was still trying to recover from the strong dose of chemo.
I have to tell you. I'm very impressed with Duke Hospital. I had to call a couple of times. I didn't even have to press 25 numbers, give our mother's maiden name, our first pet's name, where we went to school at, or anything else. A nurse answered and put me right through to the doctor. It was amazing.
Tomorrow we go back to Duke Clinic for Jerry to have another bone marrow biopsy.
We have some specific prayer requests:
Safety traveling
Jerry's blood count to be good
For the count to be high enough that they can do the biopsy
Good report from the biopsy (we won't know about it right away)
That they will be able to continue Jerry's treatment
And today is my spiritual Birthday. 39 years ago I asked Jesus to come into my heart and Jerry rededicated his life. What a wonderful and special day that was.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, love, and support.
In His Hands.....
I will be praying for all your requests. I know we serve a loving God, and He wants what is best for us. Love you both, Mary
ReplyDeleteGod bless you both, in all that you need!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good, and He is working through you both.
Our prayers continue!
In Christ,
Ron and Kristie Wooten
Austin and Aidan
Oh Pat, such a BIG AMEN. See, you are a wonderful Caregiver. I knew you would be. You and Jerry give each other big hugs to each other for us. We are and will be praying so very much for safe travels, Jerry's blood count to be good and for the count to be high enough that they can do the biopsy and that the reports come back good, and that they will be able to continue Jerry's treatment. Steve and I were very impressed with Duke and the Dr. when we visited and are so greatful that Jerry is able to be treated at such a great Hospital.
ReplyDeleteHappy 39th Birthday to you. I hope your day is filled with a multitude of blessings and sunshine. We love you so much...
We are praying for your requests and that God will meet all of your needs.
ReplyDeleteLove
Gary & Nean
Great, We love you Perry and Judy
ReplyDelete