Saturday, July 2, 2011

Extra Prayers Needed

It seems like the night time is always the hardest. The fevers seem higher, the fears seem more real,  loneliness overtakes you, and the tears don't seem to stop.

Please pray that they can get the fever under control today. He runs a fever constantly and is still so weak. We know this is part of the treatment, but the doctor told us he has an infection. They might add some more antibiotics later on today. He feels so bad.

The reason we chose the title of our blog as "God is Already in our Tomorrow" is because of the words of this song:

He's already in your tomorrow, He's walking one step ahead.
Whether it's joy or sorrow, He'll do just what He says.
He'll never leave you lonely in the land of the great unknown.
He's already in your tomorrow
Don't be afraid, keep pressing on.

We believe God already knew about our tomorrow, what we were going to be facing. But please do pray extra today.
We love you!

8 comments:

  1. Dr. and Mrs. Rice, As I sit reading this today, I am burdened by your trial and I think of Dr. David Jeremiah's similar trial of cancer and look back in his great book "A Bend In The Road: Experiencing God When Your World Caves In". I have turned to a particular chapter and this is an excerpt from his journal as he was in the midst of his trial..."Lord, I cannot rid myself of this nagging fear. Deep in my heart, I know the disease has crept back in. I can feel it stealthily going about its work of destruction in my body. Show me how I can rebuild the strength that has drained away from my weary vessel. Today I've been tired and listless. I simply can't continue feeling that way. Please lift my dying spirits, Lord - You are the only true Healer and I put my trust entirely in You. I await Your loving hand, nursing me back to strength and service." His wife too was with him during his prolonged hospitilization and this is another journal excerpt..."Our faith is being stretched, Lord - how true is that. I may not enjoy it, but I know You have a loving purpose in this. Keep us trusting You with each day and with each new twist in the uncharted road we're traveling. Lord, I know that the times allotted to me are determined by Your eternal plan - and You will surely accomplish above and beyond all that I can even ask or think. I trust You, even when I am afraid." Please know that we are praying for you many times throughout each day and although we can only imagine what you are experiencing, God knows EVERYTHING and surely as you have stated, he knows what you will face tomorrow! We Love You, Becky, Scott, and Kyle Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been with in our thoughts and prayers since the beginning. It's always darkest before the dawn. We love you, Kim, Chris, and Sam Barron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr and Mrs Rice,
    We are praying and with you in spirit. We hope that God will ease the burden of this disease and take it away. We pray now that the infection is gone and the fevers subside. We have a hope for your tomorrow always. Love in the spirit of our savior, Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. and Mrs. Rice,
    Just wanted to let you know that we love both of you and are praying for you daily. I don't know how hard it is right now, but I thank God daily that he has given you both hope in the middle of a storm. Before this week, I never knew what it was like to have a family member told that they have no hope of recovery, but I also know that God is the great physician. Whatever he chooses is always best for us. I love you and can't wait to see both of you again. By the way, I am already planning on a hunting trip for you, Dr. Rice. Always in our thoughts and prayers,
    Chris, Leslie, and Connor Coggins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle jerry and aunt Pat,
    i'm thinking about you always, i have been all day and ive been praying so hard that God will take this aweful infection and fever away. We are all there with you with our arms right around you both. We want to fight for you when it seems to be too much, but remember God will never give you more than you can handle, and he will see BOTH of you through all of this and we'll be waiting right there for you BOTH!!!!!!! i love you both so much!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying so very much that the fever goes away and for God to guide and direct the Doctors. We're here but we are there with you with our arms around you both with prayers and love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you! I know our God is in control and is the Great Physician. I wish I could be there in person to comfort you or maybe even give you a Pixie Stix. Know that I love you and believe that God is going to see you through this. I pray even right now that the fever is down and you will both have a restful sleep tonight. Love, Mary Van Cleave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jerry and Pat:
    I pray that you have a better night and that the fever and infection and cancer will leave your body. And you become brand new in health, I can not seen to think what you two are going thru right now,but I know that God has his arms wrap around you two and in the darkness night you are never along. And of course I know you know this. But Prayers and thoughts going out to you guys. Rita

    ReplyDelete