Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holy, Holy, Holy

This is DAY 13. Last night started out to be a peaceful night. But his fever started spiking again along with the chills. It was a bad night for him. Finally early this morning the doctor ordered some morphine to help him. He was able to get to sleep around 7:00 this morning. We had some great nurses that stayed right with him all night and worked with him.
Around 5:00 this morning I heard him singing - Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty. So I just started singing with him -
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty. Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.
We're going to miss everybody at church today.
We love you.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Jerry and Aunt Pat,
    I love you both so much! Reading this blog brought tears to my eyes like so many of them do, but just to picture you both sitting there singing that... i wish we could be there to sing with you. i'm thinking about you both all day everyday, i love you. Today will be a better day for both of you, try and eat and sleep, and try and laugh everyday. I love you both so much!
    God is with you always
    We are with you always
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat and Jerry, Debbie and I are praying for you both. We frequent the VA Med. Ctr. across the street from you and hope to get by soon for a visit. Is there anything we can bring either of you? Love you guys, Jerry Golden

    ReplyDelete