Yesterday I went for a walk around our floor. It's considered the oncology unit. In the lobby I saw a woman and I didn't know what was wrong, sometimes you don't have to know all the details. But I could tell her heart was broken. She couldn't stop crying. I just went over and gave her a hug. Sometimes it's not words, because sometimes you don't know what to say and most of the time you don't have to say anything. Sometimes all you need is a simple hug.
Our prayer now is that the new red blood cells that are starting to rebuild themselves are free from leukemia. The next days are still very critical both for the leukemia cells and for Jerry not to get any infections or setbacks.
At this time we're still asking that you refrain from visiting for the next week until he gets his strength and immune system built back up.
We continue to covet your prayers and support. We love you!!
Good Morning Pastor Jerry and Patricia, I woke up this morning with both of you on my mind. I really look forward to reading what you have written each day. It sure is good to hear good news. We will be so happy when we see you both back in church with us. God is good, he sent Pitt county the much needed rain this week. I think some areas got a little more than they prayed for, but God knows the "BIG" plan doesn't he. Have a good day. love and prayers...Jm & Juanita Hardee
ReplyDeleteUncle Jerry and Aunt Pat,
ReplyDeleteI Love You Both So Much!
Olivia
Coming your way for both of you (((( HUGS ))))!!
ReplyDeleteWhoops that was from the Hangoskys <3
ReplyDeleteThe Jirovec Family misses yall and loves yall. We are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteHugs can be the best medicine! And we never know the burdens others bear!
ReplyDeleteOur family continues to pray daily for each of you as you make this journey.
God Bless.
Ron and Kristie Wooten
Austin and Aidan
Dr Rice and Mrs Rice,
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say one of my favorite things as an oncology nurse was getting a hug from my patients as they recovered from chemotherapy and got to leave to go home. That hug on the way out the door meant the world to me! Some times it's the small things that mean so much to us. What support there is built into an oncology unit as each person there is fighting some sort of cancer and the family's and the patients are wonderfully therapeutic for each other. Sometimes when we start caring for others and supporting them our burdens somehow become lighter. I spent many hours walking by and looking in on patients and praying for them when there was nothing else that I could do. There is really a "fifth P". Pain, position, potty, partner and prayer. There is only one that I can offer and that is to pray. And I do daily. Hoping that your recovery is very fast and that we see you soon. Love the Maxwell's.
We continue to pray for you both, especially for Dr. Rice to have strengthening of his immune system during this phase. Sometimes we have to experience a "valley" in life in order to appreciate the splendor of the "mountain top". I know this has been a deep valley for you both but I pray that you are approaching the top of the mountain soon. Love, Becky, Scott, and Kyle Griffin
ReplyDeleteWe love you and are continuing to pray for you daily.
ReplyDeleteJanice and David Batie
We wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers daily. We love you much and thank the Lord for your testimony.--Bryan and Janet Lewis
ReplyDelete